lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013

About Me

About Me

This infomation is taken form hers web page, if you don't understand it, you have the spanish version at the end of this publication.

She has wrote the Hush Hush and other books. I wanted to read aout the books, Hush Hus, Crecendo, Silencio, Finale. I have them in this blog, so you can know about it and buy it if you like, so try to be a fan of the book and of this Saga.

Becca Fltzpatrick:

The quick-and-dirty:
Becca Fitzpatrick's first book, Hush, Hush, debuted as a New York Times bestseller. She graduated college with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes, or fulfilling her mission to taste every flavor of ice cream under the sun. She lives in Colorado, the lone girl in a house filled with boys.

The nitty-gritty:
My love for telling stories started in kindergarten. I was not a big fan of kindergarten. I'll even go so far as to say I hated it. My older sister, Heather, attended third grade at the same elementary school in Centerville, Utah, and shared my feelings for school. It wasn't that we disliked school so much as we disliked a handful of kids who went there: Think mini Mean Girls. At night when we were supposed to be sleeping, Heather and I would make up new episodes in an ongoing tale called THE BUS ADVENTURES. The stories were usually morbid tales of us locking all the mean kids on the school bus and driving it over a cliff. (We always let the bus driver off first謡e liked him.)

The summer before I entered second grade, my family moved to North Platte, Nebraska, and I warmed up to school. I also discovered Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden. Heather and I kept flashlights under our beds and our nights were spent reading about the mysterious and frightening adventures of our favorite girl sleuths. Eventually Heather grew up and needed her own bedroom, and I moved in with my younger sister, Christian, who introduced me to Roald Dahl. I loved books more than ever, and found myself split between the zany imaginative world of Roald Dahl, the spine-tingling world of Nancy Drew and the historical adventure of the Little House on the Prairie books.

Everything came to a crux in third grade when I watched Romancing the Stone with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. There was no turning back: I knew I wanted to be an author. Of course, I thought all authors flew to Colombia to rescue their sister from Bad Guys, hunted for treasure, and fell in love with a sexy dangerous guy in crocodile boots, a.k.a. Michael Douglas.

I have a lot of vivid memories from my high school years, which probably explains why I write YA. I ran cross-country, played clarinet in the marching band and was a member of VICA and National Honor Society. I'll let you make the call as to whether I was a nerd. My sophomore year, a friend blackmailed me to try out for the basketball team, and I still remember the coach telling me (through clenched teeth) that due to the unbelievably low number of girls trying out that year...I survived the cut. Everyone did. I think he actually thought I coveted a spot on the team. The truth is, I hated every minute of those three-hour practices. And to this day, I resent the coach telling me I looked like I was dancing when I was on the court. Coach: It's called shuffling. Thankfully, I was much better at academics than at sports, and I graduated valedictorian of my class in 1997.

I always held on to my dream of writing, but went through a phase in college where I wanted to be a spy. I stalked the CIA website and filled out at least a dozen applications. I thought being a spy was dangerous and sexy. I didn't want to be the girl who got a degree, only to settle down and do house-ish things...like answer telemarketers' calls and choose between Spanish or Ladybug Red for the kitchen walls.

In December 2000, I married my Philadelphia-native husband, Justin. In April 2001, I graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Community Health and went to work as a secretary-slash-teacher-slash-accountant at an alternative high school in Provo, Utah. I loved the students at the school, but having the principal call me in on Saturdays to operate the copy machine was a different matter. In February 2003, my husband surprised me by enrolling me in a writing class for my twenty-fourth birthday. On that day, I went from the girl who wrote stories daily in the privacy of her journal, to the girl who wrote stories and shared them with people outside of the worlds in her head. It was also in that class that I started writing HUSH, HUSH.
Five years, one baby, and one move to Colorado later, I had a book, and it was just about as sexy and dangerous as the spy-life I'd always dreamed about.

In June 2008 I found my agent, Catherine Drayton, and in September 2008 she sold the book to Simon & Schuster.

--Becca

P.S. I recently painted my kitchen walls Spanish Red. Oh, and the telemarketers? Three calls today and counting...
La rápida y sucia:
El primer libro de Becca Fitzpatrick, HUSH, HUSH, debutó como un bestseller del New York. Ella se graduó de la universidad con un título en salud, que ella rápidamente abandonó para contar historias. Cuando no está escribiendo, está corriendo lo más probable, rondando bastidores de venta de zapatos, o el cumplimiento de su misión de probar todos los sabores de helado bajo el sol. Ella vive en Colorado, la chica solitaria en una casa llena de niños.

El meollo de la cuestión:
Mi amor por contar historias comenzó en el kinder. Yo no era un gran fan de kindergarten. Incluso me voy a ir tan lejos como para decir que me odiaba. Mi hermana mayor, Heather, asistió a tercer grado en la misma escuela primaria en Centerville, Utah, y compartía mis sentimientos hacia la escuela. No es que no me agradó tanto la escuela como que no me gustó un puñado de niños que fueron allí: Piense mini-Mean Girls. Por la noche, cuando nos íbamos a dormir, Heather y yo haría nuevos episodios de una historia en curso denominado LAS AVENTURAS DE AUTOBUSES. Las historias solían ser morbosos cuentos de encerrarnos a todos los niños malos en el autobús escolar y conducirlo a un precipicio. (Nosotros siempre dejamos que el conductor del autobús de firste ¬ ¡e le gustaba.)

El verano antes de entrar en el segundo grado, mi familia se mudó a North Platte, Nebraska, y se calentó a la escuela. También descubrí Nancy Drew y Trixie Belden. Heather y yo seguimos linternas debajo de las camas y de nuestras noches estuvimos leyendo las aventuras misteriosos y aterradores de nuestros detectives favoritos chica. Finalmente Heather creció y necesitaba su propio dormitorio, y fue a vivir con mi hermana menor, Christian, quien me presentó a Roald Dahl. Me encantaron los libros más que nunca, y me encontré dividido entre el mundo imaginario surrealista de Roald Dahl, el mundo escalofriante de Nancy Drew y la aventura histórica de la pequeña casa en la pradera de libros.

Todo llegó a un punto crucial en el tercer grado cuando vi Romancing the Stone con Michael Douglas y Kathleen Turner. No había vuelta atrás: Yo sabía que quería ser escritora. Por supuesto, pensé que todos los autores viajaron a Colombia para rescatar a su hermana de los chicos malos, cazado de tesoros, y me enamoré de un chico peligroso sexy con botas de cocodrilo, también conocido como Michael Douglas.

Tengo un montón de recuerdos vívidos de mis años de escuela secundaria, lo que probablemente explica por qué escribo YA. Corrí a campo traviesa, tocaba el clarinete en la banda de música y era un miembro de VICA y la Sociedad Nacional de Honor. Voy a dejar de hacer la llamada en cuanto a si era un nerd. Mi segundo año, un amigo me chantajeó a hacer una prueba para el equipo de baloncesto, y todavía recuerdo el entrenador me dice (entre dientes) que debido a la increíblemente bajo número de niñas que intentan que el año ... Sobreviví el corte. Todo el mundo lo hizo. Creo que él realmente pensaba que yo codiciaba un puesto en el equipo. La verdad es que yo odiaba cada minuto de las prácticas de tres horas. Y hasta la fecha, me molesta que el entrenador me decía que me parecía que estaba bailando cuando estaba en la cancha. Entrenador: Se llama revolver. Afortunadamente, yo estaba mucho mejor en sus estudios que en los deportes, y me gradué mejor estudiante de mi clase en 1997.

Siempre me aferré a mi sueño de escribir, pero pasé por una fase en la universidad donde yo quería ser un espía. Aceché el sitio web de la CIA y la llené de al menos una docena de aplicaciones. Pensé que era un espía era peligroso y sexy. Yo no quiero ser la chica que tiene un título, sólo para establecerse y hacer las cosas de la casa-ish ... como contestar llamadas telemarketing 'y elija entre Red Española o Ladybug por las paredes de la cocina.

En diciembre de 2000, me casé con mi marido Philadelphia-natal, Justin. En abril de 2001, me gradué de la Universidad Brigham Young con una licenciatura en Salud Comunitaria y se fue a trabajar como secretaria-slash-maestro-barra-contable en una escuela secundaria alternativa en Provo, Utah. Me encantaron los estudiantes en la escuela, pero con el director me llaman los sábados para operar la máquina de la copia era un asunto diferente. En febrero de 2003, mi esposo me sorprendió por inscribirme en una clase de escritura para mi vigésimo cuarto cumpleaños. Ese día, fui a la chica que escribió historias todos los días en la intimidad de su diario, a la chica que escribió cuentos y los compartió con la gente fuera de los mundos en la cabeza. Fue también en esa categoría que comencé a escribir Silencio, silencio.
Cinco años, un bebé y un traslado a Colorado después, yo tenía un libro, y era casi tan sexy y peligroso como el espía de la vida que siempre había soñado.

En junio de 2008 me encontré con mi representante, Catherine Drayton, y en septiembre de 2008 se vendió el libro de Simon & Schuster.

- Becca

PD Hace poco pinté mi cocina paredes Roja Española. Ah, y los agentes de telemercadeo? Tres llamadas hoy y contando ...

.

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario